If you are a ‘professional’, working with children and young people and their families in an employed or voluntary capacity, to help and assist professionals in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, then this section of the site has been designed especially for you.
Doncaster Safeguarding Children Partnership Multi-Agency Levels of Need (threshold document)
This document seeks to assist professionals within the children’s workforce to identify suitable responses to identified needs. It also aims to clarify the circumstances which will require referral to a specific agency to address an individual need, when to carry out an early help enquiry and when to refer to Children’s Social Care Services where a child or young person is thought to be at risk of harm, either actual or likely. This document describes:
- The types of need that should be considered at each level and the associated assessment arrangements.
- The criteria for access to services in Doncaster for children, young people and their families and fit with the wider context of multi-agency provision and the range of provision to meet assessed needs.
- The arrangements and threshold for families to be provided with Early Help.
- The legal definition of ‘Children in Need’ and eligibility criteria for Children’s Social Care Services.
- The criteria, process and benefits of identifying families as Stronger Families.
A copy of this document is available in the resources section, on the right-hand side of this page.