You have rights as a child or young person.
Did you know?
In England and Wales there is a law called the Children's Act, which says that professionals have a responsibility for your safety. This includes children's social care services, the police, teachers, and health workers.
Adults and organisations that work with children and young people should promote these rights.
What are your rights?
- Say what you think and feel, be listened to and taken seriously
- An education
- A good enough standard of living including somewhere to live, food to eat and clothes to keep you warm
- Not to be discriminated against
- Be protected from abuse, violence, bullying and harm
- Have your cultural background and identity valued
- Have your best interests put first when decisions are being made about you