This course is a one day Intermediate Level course suitable for a range of practitioners who may work or come into contact with vulnerable young people. The course aim is to enable participants to improve their knowledge and skills in working more effectively with children and young people who may be at risk of sexual exploitation.
- Be able to identify factors that increase young people’s vulnerability to sexual exploitation.
- Be able to identify potential indicators of sexual exploitation.
- Understand that sexual exploitation is child abuse.
- Know what procedures to follow in cases of sexual exploitation.
- Be aware of relevant legislation, including the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
- Be aware of local services and referral pathways for children and young people who are sexually exploited.
For course availability and to book a place onto this course please visit www.buy.doncaster.gov.uk
Once your place has been accepted you will need to download the training resources from the resources panel on this page and bring these with you on the day of your training.